Ian Pittluck is an experienced construction and real estate litigator with Schorr Law. He began his legal career at a boutique law firm focused on all aspects of construction law, including but not limited to residential, commercial and public works construction projects. Mr. Pittluck has also served as general counsel to many contractors of all sizes advising them on how to minimize litigation risks.
After practicing construction law for several years, Mr. Pittluck incorporated real estate litigation into his practice as he routinely found real estate issues arising out of the construction matters he handled. For instance, many of Ian's clients are developers who are in need of counsel that is knowledgeable about both construction and real estate.
Prior to his practice of law, Ian graduated with a double major from the University of California at Santa Barbara and obtained his Juris Doctorate from Loyola Law School in downtown Los Angeles.
Representative Matters include:
- Prosecuting change order and delay claims on behalf of contractors against public entities as well as defending public entities from contractor claims;
- Defending public works contractors in administrative proceedings for alleged prevailing wage violations;
- Prosecuting construction defect claims on behalf of homeowners and defending contractors from construction defect claims by homeowners;
- Prosecuting non-disclosure claims on behalf of developers in various real property disputes;
- Defending homeowners against easement and property boundary disputes; and
- Prosecuting claims on behalf of commercial tenants.
Mr. Pittluck has also successfully represented clients as second chair at several arbitrations as well as bench trials in the Los Angeles Superior Court.