Laura Shidlovitsky is a senior attorney with the Schorr Law real estate team, with extensive experience in real estate litigation and transactions. Laura received her bachelor’s degree in Political Science from the University Of Southern California, Los Angeles in 2000 and her J.D. from the Southwestern University School of Law in 2003. During law school Laura served as the Associate Editor of the Southwestern Journal of Law and Trade in the Americas and was a staff member of the journal.
Upon graduating law school Laura joined private practice with a focus in real estate and business litigation and transactional law. During her years in private practice Laura represented commercial landlords and tenants, purchasers and sellers of real estate, brokers and agents, developers, contractors and subcontractors, and property management companies in a variety of real estate related disputes including, title and joint ownership disputes, commercial leasing disputes, breach of contract and fraud disputes, and premises liability and construction defect litigation matters. Laura’s litigation experience includes all aspects of the civil litigation process in state and federal courts from initial case evaluation to resolution.
Laura’s experience also includes preparing, reviewing, and negotiating a variety of real estate contracts and documents, including commercial leases, purchase and sale agreements and ancillary documents, security documents, and construction related agreements.
Representative matters include the following:
- Represented a real estate investor in a partition action involving a parking lot located in Downtown Los Angeles. Negotiated the sale of the real estate beneficial to all parties involved.
- Represented buyers and sellers of high end residential properties in Malibu in connection with breach of contract and failure to disclose claims. Matters settled favorably.
- Represented commercial real estate investors in a dispute concerning ownership and title to two commercial properties. Matter settled favorably with clients retaining rights in both properties.
- Represented a grading contractor in a construction defects case brought by a homeowners association alleging foundation defects.
- Defended an electrical contractor in a negligence and products liability matter. Matter resolved through dismissal of the Complaint and the accompanying Cross-Complaints against client with prejudice in exchange for waiver of costs.
- Negotiated, oversaw, and drafted purchase and sale and lease documents and third party consents in connection with acquisitions of various nightclubs located in Hollywood, California.
- Negotiated and drafted industrial and office leases involving national tenants.
- Represented a commercial tenant in connection with a dispute with her landlord entailing the landlord’s refusal to accept the tenant’s option to renew resulting in lease renewal without the need of litigation.
When not working Laura enjoys hiking, traveling, following current events, and spending time with her husband, daughter and their French bulldog. Laura is fluent in Russian.
- Daily Journal: Pop-Up Retailers: A Landlord's Perspective