Los Angeles Quiet Title Action Attorneys
What Does it Mean to Quiet Title to Real Property?
Quieting title to real property is a catchall claim that allows an owner of real property to have the court clear defects in title, old liens, resolve lien priority disputes and otherwise declare once and for all who has a right to be on title to real property. At Schorr Law we are constantly litigating quiet title matters and know the ins and outs for what it takes to make or defend these common types of real property claims.
Schorr Law has extensive and varied experience resolving quiet title in its clients’ favor. A sample of some of that experience is listed below.
- Quieting title on behalf of a property owner who acquired property subject to old liens and deed of trust
- Quieting title in favor of an ex boyfriend, girlfriend, fiancee or family member who was not on title to the property at the time of purchase due to bad credit but who was meant to be a beneficial owner of the real property;
- Quieting title in against an ex boyfriend, girlfriend, fiancee or family member who merely lent their credit to the purchase and sale transaction but who actually had no ownership interest in the property (on title just for the loan)
- Quieting title to real property to clear problems revealed on a preliminary or final title report;
- Quieting title to real property to perfect an extraterritorial interest in a neighbor’s real property based on an easement or license
- Quieting title to real property in the form of adverse possession
- Quieting title to real proeprty to resolve lien priority disputes
- Quieting title to real property to resolve competing ownership claims
- Quieting title to real property to undue fraudulent transactions