Is Schorr Law Representing Clients in Ventura County?
Yes. We have represented many clients in Ventura County, CA over the past near 20 years. We are familiar with the Courthouse local rules, and make frequent appearances in the Ventura County Superior Court.
Schorr Law is offering clients representation in the following cities near Ventura County: Oxnard, Camarillo, Thousand Oaks, Ojai, Moor Park, Santa Paula, Channel Islands, Port Hueneme, Fillmore, and more.
Types of Matters Handled by Our Real Estate Attorneys in Ventura County
Schorr Law has handled many different types of matters in Ventura County. Some examples include, but are not limited to:
- Construction disputes with contractors. We have handled many of these matters. One example, was a dispute we handled with a new home builder where we had to make various SB800 claims regarding defects in the property that surfaced after our client purchased a multi-million dollar new construction property in Moorpark, California;
- Collection matter involving foreclosing on a contested abstract of judgment to satisfy a long-standing judgment. Our client hired us some 10+ years after he had obtained a judgment against the debtor. We were able to help the client recover by foreclosing on their property in Oak Park to satisfy the judgment. Our client credit bid at the foreclosure sale. As part of that action, we were also able to sue a former lender who refused to remove an old lien thereby inflating the foreclosure price. We invalidated the lien and recovered the additional sums paid out of the sale of the property;
- A creditor lien priority dispute involving real property in Ventura County;
- Partition of commercial real property in downtown Ventura. We were brought into this case to help our client sell a historic commercial building in the heart of downtown Ventura, California. The client had been trying to get his co-owner to sell the building for years, but it was not until we filed a partition action to force the sale that the co-owner finally agreed to sell. We negotiated a deal to ensure a fair bidding process and that the property would ultimately be sold at the highest value possible;
- A residential partition matter involving siblings who could not agree on what to do with a property and who had contributed what to the property’s ongoing expenses. We were brought into the case to force the sale and get a proper accounting done so that our client could recoup the money he invested in the property plus the increased value based on his investment;
- Judgment Collection. We helped a creditor move forward with a sheriff’s sale of an airplane hanger;
- Tax Appeal. We helped a Celebrity residing in Camarillo with his tax reassessment dispute including appearing at the tax hearing;
- Enforcement of an arbitration award arising out of a purchase and sale dispute involving alleged nondisclosure;
- Non-disclosure suit involving celebrity near Camarillo;
- Real property tax proceedings involving re-assessed property in Ventura County;
- Homeowners’ association dispute: We helped a developer resolve a very large homeowner’s association dispute with one of the largest homeowner’s association in Ventura County. The HOA had shut down the developer by claiming that the developer’s plans did not comply with the architectural committee’s standards. The HOA fought the case at every step of the way, including making up an evidentiary privilege and refusing to cooperate with discovery. We ultimately obtained a favorable result for the client and got the court to agree that there is no evidentiary privilege for HOA executive sessions;
- A Homeowners’ association dispute involving accusations that a tenant in an upscale HOA in Oxnard, California was causing a nuisance because of his alleged noise violations;
- A purchase and sale and lending dispute involving property located on Lake Sherwood. We represented a public figure who was trying to enforce the terms of his installment sales contract against a seller who had sold him a property and agreed to allow the buyer to assume the existing low interest rate loan;
- A commercial leasing dispute concerning personal property items in a large industrial warehouse being used to develop new technology. This dispute involved (1) an ownership dispute amongst competing claims to the intellectual property and hard materials and (2) a dispute with the landlord over who had the right to collect the personal property and trade materials left at the premises at the expiration of the lease.
Also Read - Obtained Quiet Title and $100,000+ Judgment Against National Bank
Are You Up to Date on Ventura County's Requirements?
Yes, we currently have active cases in Ventura County and know the requirements well.
Can I Get Representation by your Real Estate Law Firm if I'm in Ventura County?
Yes. Schorr Law represents clients throughout the State of California on various real estate disputes. Nowadays most appearances in court are video appearances, but we still like going to court when needed and have no problem going to court in Ventura County. That said our remote capabilities allow us to practice in Ventura County with no extra cost for routine court appearances.
Why Should You Choose Schorr Law Over Other Real Estate Attorneys in Ventura County?
That is easy. If you are looking for a real estate attorney to handle your matter in Ventura County, look for the firm that does your area of law as an expertise, not a general practice. Not only does Schorr Law focus on real estate law, but it is all we do. Schorr Law is not like other firms that generalize in various areas of law. Our attorneys are known as experts in the field by many which is why we are frequently sought after to not only provide legal commentary on national news and media outlets, but also sought out to present at national educational seminars. We invite you to call our office and schedule a consultation with one of our lead attorneys so that you can test our expertise yourselves.
Examples of Cases Held by our Real Estate Lawyers in Ventura County
- Represented a contractor developer in an multi-party lawsuit involving a stop work order issued by a governing HOA.
- Represented a homeowner seeking post judgment relief and enforcing the terms of a judgment.
- Represented a judgment creditor to successfully foreclose on an abstract of judgment and collect and on an old judgment.
- Successfully quieted title to old liens on a real property that had been purchased by a real estate investment company.
- Represented a resident involved in a homeowner’s association suit involving a nuisance claim.