Schorr Law’s expertise in all real estate matters has naturally lead it to expand into probate litigation involving real estate in Los Angeles California. Probate litigation involves resolving disputes concerning the assets of a deceased person.
Typically, the probate court will assist the parties in identifying the assets of the estate, decide the payment of taxes and other incidental expenses, and distribute the property among the legal heirs. Often, disputes arise regarding the disposition of assets and the beneficiaries’ rights to the same.
Typical probate litigation disputes involve:
- Claims that someone improperly influenced the creator of the will or trust;
- Claims that someone improperly took property out of the estate before the subject person died – these real result in Probate Code section 850 petitions;
- Claims that someone mismanaged the estate;
- Competing claims over who should be appointed to administer the estate;
- Claims about who should be trustee of the trust;
- Claims for distribution of the estate; and
- Any claims involving the estate as a whole.
Why Choose Our Probate Lawyer in Los Angeles CA?
At Schorr Law, we have hands on experience with probate disputes involving real property. Some recent representative examples are as follows:
- A probate dispute where Schorr Law’s client argued it had obtained all ownership or trust property by adverse possession;
- Probate disputes where heirs argue about the validity of trust amendments or changes to a will;
- Representation of a petitioner against competing claims for being appointed administrator of an estate;
- Conservatorship representation;
- Representation of assigned beneficiaries competing against third parties to prove their beneficial interest in the estate over competing claimants who claim to have a superior interest;
- In the past 2 years alone, Schorr Law has been to trial 4 times and probate court, each time we obtained the exact result our client sought at the outset of the litigation.