Valerie Li is an associate at Schorr Law. As a California licensed attorney, Valerie devotes her practice to representing clients in a variety of civil actions involving residential and commercial real property. Representative cases include complex disputes arising from purchase and sales agreement and commercial lease agreements, real estate title litigation, easement and license disputes, partition actions, and construction defect matters. Valerie has successfully argued motions and second-chaired a jury trial.
Valerie currently serves on the Executive Committee of the California Lawyers Association’s Real Property Law Section. She has been recognized as a Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
Valerie is a graduate of Pepperdine University School of Law, where she served on the editorial board for the Journal of the National Association of Administrative Law Judiciary. She received her undergraduate degree in political science, magna cum laude, from University of Pittsburgh. During law school, she served as an extern for the Honorable Judge Sheri Bluebond of the U.S. Federal Bankruptcy Court, Central District of California, and the California Department of Business Oversight. Valerie is fluent in written and spoken Mandarin Chinese and advises Chinese-speaking clients in the Greater Los Angeles Area.
- Representation of commercial property owner in action involving claims of breach of fiduciary duty and fraud. Second-chaired jury trial that resulted in a favorable jury verdict and monetary judgment.
- Representation of commercial property owner in action involving claims of breach of contract and fraud in the sale of a shopping center.
- Representation of commercial property owner in action involving dispute over right-of-way and parking spaces in a shared commercial parking lot and driveway.
- Representation of residential property owners in multiple actions involving alleged trespass, nuisance, and encroachment on neighboring property.
- Representation of landlords in multiple unlawful detainer actions.
- Representation of homeowners in various construction defect disputes against home improvement vendors.
- Representation of homeowners in action against mortgage servicers.
- Representation of property owners in various partition actions.
- HalfMoon Education Inc: Part of a panel of presenters at a seminar. Presented seminar on Understanding Utility Easements and Rights of Way; February 2019.
- HalfMoon Education Inc: Part of a panel of presenters at a seminar on California Easements, Rights-of-Way, and Eminent Domain; August 2018.